S/he cheated; your spouse has broken the most important rule of a relationship. According to you, this relationship is over for good, but how come it is you who has been hurt the most? How come you suffer from emotional guilt? You didn't cheat, your partner did, so why are you crying?
These questions often trouble those whose hearts have been broken by their partners. Infidelity is on a rise and trust me, it's not doing any good. Ever looked at your parents and grandparents? They look so much happier ... why can't today's couples be the same way?
If you have ever had your heart broken, you would obviously want to know the reason, wouldn't you? Trust is the most important factor of a relationship and when you break someone's trust, you demean yourself and the relationship.
The couple remains tied down in a relationship with no future and one of them tries seeking solace outside the relationship.
● There are times when your partner feels ignored but doesn't tell you. You might not even notice that you are ignoring your partner; This is more than enough for your partner to search for importance outside. Most of us are too busy with our career, kids, and social life; in all these responsibilities, we ignore our spouse.
● Another reason is lack of physical intimacy in a relationship. Physical intimacy is very essential and it also keeps the spark or passion alive between two people. If you are not able to give enough time and love to your partner, s/he is bound to find emotional comfort somewhere else.
● One of the most common signs of infidelity in a marriage is boredom. Some people get bored very easily and they find flirting with other people a convenient way to combat it. They look for opportunities outside their marriage and hence, they open doors to infidelity.
● If your spouse has been with multiple partners in the past, chances are that s/he might cheat again. Such people seldom remain satisfied with one person and are on a constant hunt for new adventures. Many marriage counselors say that having multiple partners before getting married, often increases the chances of an affair after marriage.
● Most men cheat for thrill and adventure. Some of them do it because they like having multiple sex partners, while some may believe that marriage takes away the spark from a relationship.
● Another reason is taking things for granted. Not spending enough time with your partner and having a carefree attitude, leads to emotional dissatisfaction, which in turn leads to lots of marital woes.
● Many men tend to cheat on their wives while they are pregnant. This is very weird and most women would call it sick, but it's true and it is happening in large numbers.
So in this age, where people are willing to sacrifice everything just for some fun, I advise you to take every step very seriously and cautiously. Whether you cheat intentionally or unintentionally, it is never going to be acceptable. So, think twice before tasting the forbidden fruit.