As a teenager, you feel confused about what to do and what not to do for your first date, and you often miss out on the excitement of the whole experience. Later, when you look back, you realize you shouldn't have been so nervous. So the next time, keep some simple tips in mind, prepare yourself, and see for yourself the difference these tips can make.
Choosing the Right Venue
Think in advance about the most suitable venue for your date. The venue has an important role to play. Choose a place where both of you can have a lot of fun together. Here are some options to get you started.
Wearing the Right Outfit
You need not necessarily wear a gorgeous-looking and expensive dress for your date. It may not be able to give you the comfort that you want, and may rather spoil your time if you give too much attention to your outfit. So, go for a dress that will make you feel comfortable.
A Few More Useful Tips
Present yourself the way you are. You need not try to impress your date with a fake image. Your falsity is bound to come forth and it's really embarrassing. Eventually, your partner will come to know what kind of a person you are. Such a shameful incident can haunt you for a long time in future.
Take it Easy
There is nothing wrong if you feel a bit nervous on your date. It is likely that your partner is equally nervous. Don't take it seriously. Start a light chat, exchange smiles, flirt a little, and you will find all the nervousness vanishing instantly.
Dating Tips for Guys
- Your passions and interests are bound to be different from hers. Accept those differences and respect her opinions. Avoid conversations on topics that do not interest girls.
- Shower loads of compliments on your girl. Appreciate her look, her dressing sense, her hairstyle, etc. Compliments are sure to make her feel special. But ensure that you sound genuine.
- Control your temper. Avoid any kind of arguments or fights. Even a small argument can spoil all your plans for the day.
- Earn the trust of your girl's parents before you take her out for a date. Check out with them at what time they want her back home, and get her back on time.
Dating Tips for Girls
- Make sure your date comes to pick you up. If possible, introduce him to your parents. This will assure your parents about the kind of a person you are going out with.
- Do not go out with a guy whom your parents do not approve of.
- If you are given a fixed time by your parents to come back home, respect that and make sure you reach home before that time.
- Be aware of dating abuse. Research shows that girls are more prone to be victims of abuse on a date. If you are aware that your dating partner tends to express his anger or frustration very often, it is better to go for a group date than on a date alone.
Dating for teens is a lighthearted activity. In future, you will get a lot of opportunities to have serious relationships. Until then, spend some wonderful memorable moments of fun and joy with your date that you shall remember for long years to come.