But sometimes, things tend to get out of control and matters can become worse. That's the day you decide you've had enough of each other and can't have more of it. Out pops the dreaded word 'breakup', and you decide to part ways. Some months down the line you start thinking about your ex-boyfriend and miss him terribly.
You long to hear his voice again, to be held in his warm embrace, to laugh at his funny jokes, to hear him tell you that you mean the world to him. You want him back in your life, but are not sure about his feelings.
You seek advice and counseling from your friends, family, and sometimes even professionals. So, if you are in this quandary, here are some suggestions on how to get your ex-boyfriend to want you back.
Rekindling the Love
Moving on after breaking up is a bit tough. You can never fill the void left by the person you loved and shared so many precious moments with. The best way to bridge the gap between both of you is to sit and talk about your feelings. If it doesn't work, then don't lose heart. Follow the tips mentioned ahead.
- One of the first and most important things to be done is to stop any forms of communication with him.
- No messages, no calls or lengthy emails, nothing that reveals your desperation.
- Don't persuade him, and never try to act desperate in front of him.
- Just show him that you've accepted the decision and moved on with your life.
- If you are seeking any male attention, then this can cause a fringe of jealousy in your boyfriend (if he still has feelings for you).
- If he tries to strike up a conversation with you, then oblige him, but don't jump to conclusions too soon.
- If he wants to start a friendly relationship again, then agree, but don't appear to be over eager.
- One of the essential tips is to pass subtle hints in between conversations about the happy times you both had together, when you were a couple.
- If he shows any visible signs, then you can be sure that he too feels the same way.
- You can even ask him about his opinion of giving the relationship another try.
- But give him some time to think it over lest he regrets the decision later.
- But if he was wrong, then explain it to him in a gentle way, rather than being harsh and finding faults. Never play the blame game.
- Sort out the things that had gone wrong, and amend your ways.
- You may rediscover the joy of being in each other's company, and fall in love all over again.
If you are planning of getting back together after a breakup, then it can be quite a roller coaster ride. There are many things that have to be taken into consideration before reigniting the flame.
Don't lose hope, and give it a try. After all, the saying definitely holds true - 'If you love something, just set it free. If it comes back, it was yours. But if it doesn't, it never was'. Take care and all the best!