"What is a date really, but a job interview that lasts all night? The only difference is that in not many job interviews is there a chance you'll wind up naked." ― Jerry Seinfeld
Well, at the end of many dates you might not wind up naked either, but Jerry Seinfeld was right about this dating tip where he said that a date is not too different from a job interview. Albeit unprofessional and informal, a date is a meeting of two parties who are trying to see if there is a future for them together. It is a means of getting to know about each others' likes and dislikes, and if the person they are dating is at least close to (if not exactly) what they are looking for.
Having said that dating is quite similar to a job interview, there are so many things you can ask to find out more about your partner. Because, let's be realistic here, love is not blind. Your first romance may have been on account of blindness, deafness, dumbness, or a combination of these things, but when you are looking for that perfect match, love ought to be alert on all senses.
Questions to Get Started
- What is your name?
- What do you do? (School/College/Work)
- What is your family like?
- Tell me an interesting event from your childhood.
- What is the wackiest thing you've ever done?
- How did your last relationship end?
- What kind of people do you like to hang out with?
- What do you like to do when you're alone?
- Which is your favorite cuisine?
- Which is your favorite movie?
- Who is your favorite sportsperson?
- Which actor/actress do you like?
- What kind of music do you listen to?
- What do you like to do when you are bored?
- What are the qualities you look for in a boyfriend/girlfriend?
- Which is the one website you like visiting most often?
- Tell me a funny thing that happened at school/work.
- Which movie would you never see?
- Which actor/actress do you hate the most?
- What quality of people irritates you the most?
- Which song would you like to listen to on a long drive? Which song would you like to listen to in traffic?
- What is the most disgusting thing you've said to someone?
- If you were in a film, which character would you like to be?
- If a film was made about you, which actor would you want playing your role?
- Who do you think is the hottest person in the world?
- What was the worst, most boring book you ever read?
- Tell me something weird and odd about yourself.
- What is the funniest name you've ever heard?
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?
- What is your favorite color?
Questions Related to Future
- Where do you see yourself 10 years from now?
- What are your career goals?
- Do you think you are in the wrong profession currently? What do you think would be the perfect job for you?
- Are you financially stable?
- Are you looking for a long term relationship?
- Do you believe in destiny?
- Would you ever cheat on me?
- Would you ever lie to me?
- Why did you break up with your ex-boyfriend/girlfriend?
- What change can I make in myself so that you will love me more?
- What are your parents like?
- Can you cook?
Questions Related to Sex and Sexuality
Reader discretion advised. These questions are meant for people above 18 years of age.
- Is this your first time?
- Tell me about your first time.
- Tell me your secret sexual fantasy.
- What is your favorite position?
- What is the sexiest part of my body?
- Do you like it soft or you like it wild?
- What's the one thing that I do which drives you out of control?
- Which is the one place where you'd like to do it with me?
- Do you fancy a threesome?
- Have you ever been attracted to someone of your own sex?
- Do you like role-play?
- What really gets you going: sight, sound, touch, or smell?
- Tell me about your most memorable time.
- Do you like to talk dirty?
- Do you think phone sex is boring?
It is very important that you get to know the preferences and likes of the person you are dating in order to decide whether you have a future with that person.