There is no perfect way to find out if anyone is compatible with anyone else. Some couples who seem so made for each other in the beginning cannot stand to be in the same room as each other after a while. People check horoscope compatibilities, star signs, numerology, name compatibilities, etc., and even take relationship advice.
But the truth is that the people involved in the relationship alone can decide what to make of it. They are solely responsible for leading the relation in the direction it is headed. And this is not just true about romantic relationships but about any kind of human relation.
Communication is the key to know if you are compatible with each other. So try asking each other and yourself these love and relationship questions for couples. These relationship compatibility questions will help you understand what you and your partner want and expect from the relationship.
Relationship Questions for Couples
- What was your first impression of me?
- What is your favorite thing about me?
- What do you think about jealousy in relationships?
- Is infidelity forgivable?
- Who are the five most important people in your life?
- What is your idea of a perfect marriage?
- How important is sex in a relationship?
- What are the things that you hate about me?
- What is your favorite holiday destination?
- What is the first thing that you notice about a person?
- According to you what is more important, looks or personality?
- How do you define love?
- Do you think one can be friends with their ex-boyfriends or ex-girlfriends?
- Have you told me everything about your past?
- Do you think couples should share everything about their lives with each other?
- What is the weirdest, craziest thing you have done in your whole life?
- Were you ever sexually abused when you were a child or after that?
- What are your sexual fantasies?
- Are there any genetic illnesses in your family?
- What is your idea of a healthy relationship?
- When you are in trouble or cannot make a decision, who do you go to?
- How should one deal with a major money crisis or debt?
- When was the first time you realized that you loved me?
- Do you believe in the concepts of soulmates?
- Do you think I am your soulmate?
- What was your childhood like?
- Is there anything that you do not like about your family? What is it?
- Do you think it is important to know each others' physical and mental health history before getting married?
- Have you had a very serious relationship before this?
- What will you do if I had to move to another country for my career?
- Who in your life is the closest to you?
- What are your thoughts about parenting?
- What are your thoughts on spirituality and religion?
- How do you handle conflict?
- Do you have any negative feelings about any of my close friends or family?
- What would you do if your parents don't like me?
Choose the questions most relevant to you and your partner from the mentioned list of relationship questions for couples. Answer them from your side before asking them to your partner. Don't expect your partner to answer these questions if you have been going out just for a few weeks.
Trust your partner's answer as trust is the most important thing in any relationship. But despite all these questions you cannot guarantee a perfect relationship. There will always be ups and downs and we all have our shortcomings. The future of your relation depends on how you deal with these circumstances.