Before Rushing Into a Relationship, Keep These Points in Mind
Apr 21, 2019
Many times, the thought of wanting to be with someone can lead to rushing into a relationship without thinking of the consequences. Take a look at some important tips to keep in mind when you want to take a relationship gradually forward.
When you are dating someone, or are engaged, there are many things you might have never thought about. The idea of being in a relationship is so beautiful and rosy that we often tend to forget what is important and what is not in our lives.
In case of rebound relationships, if you are just out of a breakup, and suddenly find someone who is there to comfort you, you might get carried away. This leads to the want and desire of that person to be there for you always, and leads you to expect things from him/her.
And when that person is unable to fulfill these expectations due to various reasons, you end up hurting yourself and being back in the same place from where you began. This is the story of many singles who end up rushing into a relationship, and messing their lives to such an extent that being alone scares them to death.
To help you change this thought pattern, we have here some advice, which you can use while getting into a relationship.
We always wonder about the initial stages. The shy phone calls in the beginning, often end up becoming daily late-night talks, the often caught glances at each other, the brushing of the sleeves while walking, and all the on-purpose hints that are dropped.
Relationships are fun to be in, when you really enjoy being with your partner. The catch of keeping this adventure and freshness is to take each day as it comes and not take hasty decisions.
● It is important to give each other enough time to decide about what you are getting into. ● Do not rush into making plans every day, as that will make you addicted to the person. And you would feel bad if someday he/she is not available.
● If you have recently met someone you would like to meet again, call once and let them know you are interested. If they respond, make plans, and if not, let go!
● If things work well and the both of you hit it off, even then, do not be very pushy and curious about their lives, as there are abandonment issues which can make you insecure.
● Giving each other equal amount of space in your lives is also quite important. Do not get too nagging about commitments, as you are not married yet.
● Both of you need friends, so make sure you have some time away from each other so that you can have a life beyond your relationship. It is very unhealthy to be obsessive.
● Do not get suspicious, as that will ruin the foundation of trust which you are trying to build for each other. Respect the space of your partner.
● You need to communicate with each other as much as you can, and express your feelings of togetherness. It is very important to say, "I love you", to each other, as this helps you know that you will be there for them no matter what happens.
● Your views, feelings, affection, likes, dislikes, etc., define who you are, so communicating these with your partner will help you grow. Both of you will know if you are compatible and help you take a decision on whether or not to stay together.
● Your relationship only grows from friendship, and then into love, when you communicate with the person you are attracted to. Lack of communication will never allow you to bond with each other in order to spend the rest of your lives together.
You have to give each other the right amount of time, space, and assurance that you will be there through thick and thin. That is when you realize, what you really want from a relationship and you will surely work for it.