You've been dating for over a year now and it's all been very good. You started out as great friends and took to being awesome at this relationship thing. You did it like the back of your hand and then there really was nothing to complain about.
Then one morning as you woke up and texted him/her, you imagined what it would be like to be with him/her forever. Then the realization struck that you were at a stage in your relationship where questions needed to be asked and some answers needed. Those that would determine where you guys were headed and what you wanted out of it.
Relationship Questions for Couples
Serious questions can be termed as those that determine the course of the relationship, where it is headed, as well as help to understand the other person in the relationship.
- Would you ever move to a new city if the job demanded it?
- Where do you see yourself in 3 years?
- Do you see a marriage in the future?
- If we are married, do you want kids?
- Do you think we should live together before getting into something more serious?
- Would you ever consider leaving the city with me if I got a job somewhere else?
- Have you ever got an AIDS or STDs test done to be on the safe side?
- Why did your last relationship end? How did you cope with it?
- Are you close to your parents?
- What have you learned from your last relationship?
- Have you ever gotten physically abusive?
- What would be a deal breaker in a relationship for you?
- Why did your last relationship end?
- What are the three things you like in this relationship?
- What are the three things that you'd want to change in the relationship?
- If we were together and I had a horrible accident, that left me with a handicap or scars, what would you do?
- If you got pregnant by accident, what would you do? Abort or keep it?
- What would you do if there was a choice given between furthering your career and having kids?
- What according to you is a good relationship?
- How many kids do you want to have?
- What is your take on flings?
- Would you ever elope?
- What if I told you I never want to have kids?
- Are you dominating?
- Have you set yourself a timetable? For example you want to be married by a particular age, have kids by so and so age etc.?
- What if we were engaged and I lost my job? What would you do?
- What have you taken from your past relationship?
Even though these serious relationship questions have been divided into the boyfriend and girlfriend category, you'll find that some of these can be asked either which way and are not limited merely to a particular sex.
Now you know what are the kind of questions that you need to ask. You know what that means―you can take it from here and take your relationship into the serious mode.