Suggestions for Women
If this is your first attempt at speed dating, perhaps your nerves are all over the place. Your head must be filled with hundreds of questions, wondering whether this is the right move or not. And as the name suggests, you don't really get a lot of time to connect with someone on a personal note. Of course, there will be dozens of guys lined up in front of you, which makes finding Mr. Right a challenging task. But fear not as we've got some suggestions lined up for you.
- The way you present yourself is very essential. I know some women feel that basing decisions on physical and outer appearances is sexist. But when you come to think of it, the attraction between a man and a woman begins from sight. So don't feel shy to dress well and look elegant (with as little makeup and accessories as possible).
- Depending on what you're looking for in a guy, frame your questions. For example, if you don't want to date someone who smokes, or who isn't into cats/dogs, don't be scared to ask the guys point blank.
- Keep in mind that you only have very little time to get noticed; so make the right first impression. Even after meeting many women, if you think he has potential, then he needs to remember you till the end. Show confidence in yourself and try to give interesting and truthful answers.
- It's not necessary that you need witty or funny answers to all the questions asked by a guy. Many a time, you might not have something nice to say; but that doesn't mean you give up. Sometimes, a plain and simple answer can do the trick.
- Since everyone gets a number, it can be difficult to remember the names of the guy(s) you might be interested in when the whole shebang is over. A good way to remember an individual's name is by writing his name in front of the number. It will be easier for you later on.
Advice for Men
Your attitude is everything that makes this effort make it, or break it. If you go in with the feeling that you are going to find someone that is meant for you, then you'll be more open and free to communicate with others; and that confidence will show when it's needed. Women can smell fear, agitation, and every negative thoughts/feelings that come to your head. You should be perceived as a strong, confident guy whom women would love to get to know more. So to put your best food forward, follow these tips.
- Be humble when you talk to a lady. When a woman speaks to you, basically she's looking at how you speak to her, and find out whether you're a gentleman or not. She will base her decision on how you appear to her.
- Try not to boast about yourself too much. Of course, everyone has accomplished a lot in their lives which they are proud of. But talking about it constantly can be a turnoff.
- If you're nervous about talking to so many women in such a short time, then rehearse with a friend. You can do a mock setup, and talk about some common questions.
- Wear a nice cologne, and dress in comfortable clothes. You don't have to dress like a model in order to get her attention; but a little effort from your side won't hurt either.
- Make sure your hair is neat and shampooed, your nails are trimmed, the beard (if you have one) is trimmed, and you look presentable.
- Instead of being asked all the questions, try to ask her something unique about herself that not many people know. And, pay attention to her. Women love it when guys listen to what they have to say.
- Don't be arrogant and don't stare, you know where. Women don't appreciate guys who are just looking for a quick hookup.
Tips to Follow
- Keep your cool, calm yourself down, and feel confident in yourself. If you are confident, then it will reflect to the other person.
- Seem mysterious, but not so much that the person sitting in front of you is turned off by it. Give him/her the feeling of wanting to know you more.
- Maintain eye contact and smile when you both talk. You are a nice person and that's what you what to be remembered as.
- Be cordial and when the buzzer rings, exchange a quick goodbye. Who knows, this might just trigger something in the person sitting in front of you and want to talk to you more. Polite people are very attractive.
- Give personal contact details just yet. You want to make sure that he/she isn't a stalker or something. Keep yourself safe.
- Think that the only way to grab attention is to sound and look interesting. But you have to show interest in the person sitting in front of you.
- Try to be someone you are not. Being someone you're not is making a person believe that you are a particular person. Instead, why not let someone get to know the real you.
- Wear revealing clothes, or dress in shabby clothes. You want to make an impression which says, "Yes, I know you would like me to be in your life."
- Be over flirtatious. Women and many men don't really look for a partner who keeps flirting with each and every person in front of them.
- Wander off to another world when someone is talking to you. Even if you are not interested in them, the most you can do is, be polite.
- Bring up past relationships or the fact that you are here because your friends forced you to. It may be the truth, but a girl doesn't really want to hear that just yet.