One of the most amazing feelings about being in a relationship is knowing how much you mean to someone. Expensive gifts and actions aside, sentimental words of commitment that are raw, genuine and true are one of the most moving aspects of true love. And honestly, expressing feelings like this regularly to our one and only is so important. So, whether you’re dating, engaged, or married already, here are 7 beautiful and heart-felt vows, or a simple love promise, to remind someone how much you mean to them.
A Love Promise – 7 Vows
1. “I choose you for life, and promise to be faithful to you. I promise to love you, and to commit to you and to support you. My heart will be your shelter, and my arms will be your home.” – Unknown (Source: Pinterest.com)
2. “My love will be for you and only you until the day I die. I promise to walk this life you forever by my side.” – Unknown (Source: Pinterest.com)
3. “I can’t promise that I will be able to fix all of your problems, but I can promise that you will never have to face them alone.” (Source: Myweddingvows.com)
4. “If you promise to stay by my side for the rest of your life, and promise to hold my hand all through the night. And if you promise to accept me the way I am, and promise to love me until the end of time. If you promise to never give up on me, and to love me unconditionally, I would be honored to be your husband forever and always.” – Unknown (Source: WeddingVows.com)
For additional quotes similar to this, be sure to visit Weddingshoppeinc.com’s article, “38 Love Quotes for Your Wedding Vows” for additional ideas.
5. “I will never make a promise I can’t keep. So, when I say forever, I mean it.” – Unknown (Source: Pinterest.com)
6. “My promise to you is simple: I’ll endure until the end, and will be your one and only. I will be your lover and your friend, and nurture and listen. I shall fight and I shall be true. I’ll do my equal share and never give up on you. I will do my very best to fulfill your ever need, and walk beside you hand in hand. I shall help you succeed, and be your constant equal. I’ll give you room to grow, I’ll tend to you when you are ill. I will build you up when you are low. And I stand before these witnesses and I say unto you. No matter what hard times we face, our love will make it through.” – Unknown (Source: WeddingVows.com)
7. “I promise to love, support, and cherish you until my last breath.” – Unknown (Source: Pinterest.com)
For more vows like this for your special day, check out our piece, “Top 5 Biblical Scriptures for You Wedding” for more ideas.
In conclusion, to find love in someone is a beautiful thing. To trust them, to find peace in them, to commit to them, and swear your soul to theirs in rare. Words such as these, just a simple love promise, is a beautiful reminder to the one you love of how much they mean to you. It is so important to not miss your opportunity to tell them regularly. Remind them every day of how much they mean, and you will brighten their world.
Interested in other sentimental and personal poems such as this? Check out our article, “Reasons Why I Love You” for more poetic inspiration.