It’s not only girls who love to receive compliments, guys love them too. While giving a compliment to a guy, make sure that you do not overdo it. Gushing how great he looks and then going on and on about it, will make him feel self-conscious and uncomfortable. There are many compliments that you can give to a guy which are sincere and highly effective. Try to stay original while complimenting a guy.
Everybody loves to receive compliments, be it a girl or a guy. For a girl, compliments about her looks, her charming personality and great sense of style are always well received. For a guy, any compliment goes, except calling him cute, which is more like slander to them.
Even if you say the most outrageous and untrue thing about them, many guys will believe it to be true and bask in your compliment. Compliments given to a guy should be anything from the way he looks, his intellect, his sense of humor, his prowess as a lover or his great knowledge about random and trivial things.
Compliments are just a way to make your guy feel special and appreciated. Of course saying how much they are mama’s boys, how sensitive they are and how they cry watching sentimental movies, will not be counted as compliments. Compliments for guys are not pick-up lines and the best dating tips would be to make sure that the compliments are genuine.
Compliments Guys Love to Hear
The most interesting thing is that for some unfathomable reason, guys love to hear that they have an incredibly good sense of humor. In fact, most guys would like to receive compliments about their sense of humor than their good looks. So, girls, the best way to flatter him is to mix it up a bit while complimenting him.
Some nice line about his good looks interspersed with compliments about how funny he is, will elevate you to the position of the most desirable person immediately. Avoid using the words “sweet”, “nice” or “cute” while complimenting a guy. These words sound like the death knell for guys and they generally associate these words with “wuss” or “wimp”.
• I love spending time with you.
• Have you been working out?
• You are so funny. I love the way you tell jokes.
• You have such an interesting personality.
• I love talking to you. You have a great sense of humor.
• You always know the right things to say to me.
• I feel so happy whenever I am with you.
• You are so supportive and understanding.
• You are so good at fixing things around the house.
• I appreciate your help in fixing my remote.
• You are so well read.
• I am impressed with the way you handled that tough situation.
• You make the best mojitos in the world.
• That was a great game you just played.
• Did you notice that woman checking you out?
• What would I do without you?
Compliments about a Guy’s Looks
Men accuse women of being vain, but guys are vain too. They spend hours in front of the mirror, trying to make their hair look perfect and their shirt tucked just right. They too are not immune to some good compliments about their looks. So, you should always compliment a guy on his looks, after all the effort he has put to look good for you.
Complimenting a guy on his smile and laugh will earn you major brownie points. But steer clear of compliments about his manicure (he won’t admit at getting one. Most men have fragile egos and any implication that you think that they indulge in such “girly” acts will make them defensive).
• You have such gorgeous eyes.
• You have such a deep husky voice. It makes me feel great hearing your voice.
• You have such an incredible laugh.
• Are you working out? You have such a toned body.
• Hello, handsome? Where have you been?
• You smell great. Is that a new perfume?
• Your new haircut is totally rocking.
• Is that a new shirt? The color looks fab on you.
These were some compliments men crave to receive. Please avoid telling them outright lies (little white lies are acceptable). Saying that he has the body of Matthew McConaughey, when he clearly doesn’t, will make you look bad in front of his eyes. He is not stupid and will only think that you are being sarcastic. Be real, that way you will make yourself look sincere and genuine.