Met someone new and want to get to know him/her better? Here are a few questions to add up to your conversation and find out whether he/she is the one for you.
The excitement of meeting someone new is beyond the world. The nervousness, the awkwardness, the adrenaline rushes and the accidental touches – your first dates are full of mixed feelings. When you first start dating someone, you want to talk for hours and know all you can about the other person. However, many people may find themselves tongue-tied on their first dates, either due to the fear of rejection or some kind of insecurities.
The art of conversation is not as difficult as it is actually thought of. You just need to know the right ways and techniques to get talking to each other. One of the simplest ways to fill the silences is asking questions. You can start with simple questions that can trigger responses from your date. The questions should be such that your date will be able to express himself/herself properly rather than just responding in monosyllable replies. If you have very less experience in this area and have no idea what I am talking about, here is some help for you.
The first thing you would like to know will be the background of the other person. So, start with questions about their family and personal life. However, do not get too personal and ask questions that might make them feel uncomfortable. Here are some questions that you should ask to get a clearer picture of the kind of relationship you are getting into.
- Which place are you from?
- Who all are there in your family?
- Where do you work? What is your job profile?
- How many relationships have you been in so far? How were they?
- What are your ambitions and dreams in life?
- Is there anything that I should know about you?
Personal questions include questions about your date’s personal choice, likes and dislikes. They help you to know what common interests both of you share. You can pick some out of the following:
- What are the activities that interest you?
- When is your birthday?
- What kind of music do you like to listen to?
- Do you like animals? Do you have a pet at home?
- Which is your favorite song?
- Do you like reading?
- Which is the last book you read? Did you like it?
- Which is your favorite television program?
- Which is the color that you like the most?
- Do you like to go trekking?
- Tell me about a thing that you hate about yourself.
- Have you ever been bullied at school?
- What was the thing that you were scared of when you were a kid?
These are the questions that will unwrap the romantic side of your date. Ask the following questions and you will know.
- What is that one song which you would like to dedicate to me?
- What would you do if we were stuck on an island?
- Would you rather propose to someone in front of a thousand people or alone?
- What is your idea of a perfect date?
- Do you believe in love at first sight?
Here are some absolutely random questions that you can ask your date. You may receive some interesting replies and have a really good time.
- Which is the place that you always wanted to visit?
- Which is the movie that you never get tired of watching?
- Which is the most memorable day you ever had?
- Which is your dream car?
- Which food you like to eat the most?
- Do you make decisions spontaneously or chart out a plan first?
- Which was the moment when you felt really proud of yourself?
- Do you believe that each individual on the earth has a soul-mate?
If your date has been full of awkward silences or serious talks, fun questions can help lighten up the mood. Is your date playful? Does he/she have a good sense of humor? The following questions will help you know it all.
- What are the five adjectives that describe you?
- Which was your most memorable birthday celebration?
- Would you ever like to try some kind of adventure sport? If yes, what would it be?
- If you are let alone on an isolated island, what are the five things that you will like to have with you?
- What is your happiest childhood memory?
- What was the most embarrassing moment of your life? Who is your favorite superhero? Why?
- What matters to you the most – money, good looks or attitude?
- What will I find you doing on a Saturday night? Partying hard or relaxing at home?
It is not only the questions you ask that are important, but also the way you ask them. You don’t want to make your date feel like he/she has just been interrogated or interviewed, do you? Also, make sure, you end the date in a right way. Giving a hug or a kiss, walking him/her back to the car or dropping your date home are all good ways to end the date.