It can be really confusing (and at times just plain annoying) to tell if a guy likes you or not. One moment he treats you like a princess, the next moment he pretends you don’t even exist. So, are there some signs that can help you know if he really is interested? Of course! Here they are!
The smile on your face lets me know that you need me
There’s a truth in your eyes sayin’ you’ll never leave me
The touch of your hand says you’ll catch me if ever I fall
You say it best when you say nothing at all …
~ Keith Whitley
We’ve all heard about the sparkle in the eye and the magical smile and the rest of the clichés that claim to be guaranteed ways to find out if a guy likes you. But do these actually work? Well, yes and no. While some guys are forthright and may easily admit that they like a girl, some guys keep their feelings to themselves for quite some time before they make them known.
These guys however, do exhibit some telltale signs that they’re interested in you. These signals, though not sure-shot ways of identifying if a guy likes you or not, will definitely provide you some hints in this direction. So girls, keep your eyes and minds open. If he’s doing a majority of the things mentioned below, chances are he likes you, but is waiting for you to make the first move.
- He will always be exceptionally glad to see you, wherever, whenever. He’ll give you a huge smile that will reach his eyes when he sees you.
- He’ll touch your arm, or even put his arm around you.
- He’ll lean towards you while having a conversation.
- Even when you are in a group, he will face you and sit or stand.
- No matter how many people are present you will have all his attention.
- He’ll put his arm on the back or the arm of the chair that you’re sitting on.
- He’ll always want to hug you when he meets you.
- No guy can ever disguise his feelings if you look him straight in the eye. If he likes you, he will always try to make eye contact with you.
- A rather shy guy might look away if you catch him looking at you.
- If he’s the playful and mischievous kind, he might even sneak in a wink or two when you look at him.
The Perfect Gentleman
- When a guy likes a girl, he’s generally at his best behavior around her.
- Chivalry is not dead, girls. If he likes you he will open the door for you and hold out your chair if you go out.
- He will pay or insist on paying if the two of you go out.
- He will try to refrain from using any kind of profanity and swearing at anyone/anything when he’s around you.
- He will be protective about you and will look out for you while walking.
- He will hold your hand while crossing the road and will most probably stand up when you enter the room.
The Avid Listener
- Girls only think guys don’t listen to them. Trust me, if a guy likes you, he will make sure he pays attention to every word that comes out of your mouth.
- He will keep in mind what you like and what you don’t.
- He will bring you what you like and steer away from things you don’t, even if he may like them himself.
- In fact he may even say that he likes something that you like (even if he doesn’t) just so you both have something to talk about.
- He will take interest in the things you do and talk about. He will watch the shows and movies you watch, he’ll sing the songs you sing, he’ll read the books you read.
The Shoulder to Cry On
- As much as guys deny it, they’re all suckers for a damsel in distress. It’s a chance to protect, soothe, and be the shoulder to cry on. And if it’s a girl they like, then nothing can stop them.
- If he likes you, he will drop everything and rush to you if you need anything.
- Time and distance become mere numbers. He will come to help you out whether it’s just a flat tire or an accident.
- If you ask him for something, he’ll make it a point to get it for you, whether it is easy for him or not.
The Attention Seeker
- The guy will go out of his way to entertain you. He will want to make you laugh.
- When in a group, he will try to grab your attention by cracking a joke or passing a silly comment.
- He has to show how much importance your opinion has in his life, so he will ask for your opinion about every little thing, be it what tie to buy or what car.
- If he has a problem, he will come to you for a solution, whether you may be able to help him or not.
- One of the most common tactics (for lack of a better word) that he will employ to gain your attention is shower you with compliments. Whether you think they’re true or not, you can be sure that if he likes you, it’s a sincere one, no matter how offhand or random.
- Some guys may even resort to being playful and tease the girl that they like. He may irritate you just so he can make it up to you by giving you something that you like (and they say women’s minds work in devious ways).
The Honest Companion
- He is himself when you are around, which means he is really comfortable with you.
- He truly appreciates the good in you and subtly hints at the not-so-good.
- He celebrates his achievements with you and comes to you for encouragement when he feels dejected.
- He supports you and encourages you in every important task you undertake.
- He shares his deepest desires and darkest fears with you.
So, if the guy on your mind is giving you these signals, and you have feelings for him too, what are you waiting for? Go ahead and make his life easier by just telling him you how you feel. On a parting note, bear in mind that while these are the signs that most guys give when they like a girl, they might not hold true for every guy because everyone handles their emotions in a different manner.