The internet and magazines are flooded with love relationship questions that claim to put all your qualms about your relationship to rest. However, with no such tall claims, I list a few questions that will help you understand what you want in love and what you are ready to give, because I believe that we all are unique and a set of rapid fire love relationship quizzes can’t be relied upon to take decisions about our love life.
Fame, money, and success, that’s what the world seems to be running after. But, at the end of the day, it is true love that all of us yearn for. This makes some of us so cautious about love that we fail to recognize it when it comes knocking at our heart. And, there are still others who often confuse affectionate feelings of another for romantic ones.
In both scenarios, there is heartbreak. I am not saying that once you find true love you can be sure that the relationship would be free of any hassles. After all, ‘And they lived happily ever after’ can be said only about fairy tales. Nevertheless when you feel (and not think please!) that this is the person that you want to spend the rest of your life with, you need to consider some questions related to your relationship.
What are You Looking for in Love?
Let his charms not sweep you off the floor. Love and life are a lot more about a few hours of chivalry and talking sweet nothings. First know what you want in a relationship. Is it a drop dead gorgeous guy that you would want to be seen around or would your man be rather a plain guy with a sensible head on his shoulders? Would you like him to quote poetry to you in the rain or would you rather have him get you some shade? Well, do I sound too pessimistic? But then, there is hardly any perfect person in this world. Not that they are not there, but believe me they are so hard to come by.
Most of us would have to choose from the either/or kind that I just described. So, what I am trying to say is that first know what is it that you want, looks or sensibility? After all, it’s your life. There is nothing wrong in choosing whatever i said that you need in a relationship as long as you don’t hold anyone else responsible for the consequences. After having weighed your preference, maybe you have found someone. But then, you want to know if he is the one for you. Here are some relationship questions and answers for both of you to weigh before you decide to say a yes when he pops the question.
Is it True Love?
Consider this situation – Your lover calls and cancels your date because something went terribly wrong at office and he needs to fix it; it was his mistake after all. What is your reaction? Do you feel enraged and promise never to see him again? Or, do you patiently listen to him and inquire about what went wrong or if the problem at office was solved when he calls you up while driving back home from office? In case it’s the first ways that you react, then my friend you are still not ready for the relationship. You would know you are in true love when you are ready to overlook some small pleasures for his sake. The same thing applies for your partner.
Are You Ready to Commit?
Maybe your partner wants to move to another city for his/her career. Can you accompany him/her? There is nothing wrong in giving one’s career priority over a particular relationship. If you have any doubt and can’t figure out a way to accommodate the change, it means that you still need some time in that relationship. Do not take a decision because social protocol requires you to give preference to your relationship over career (as is usually the case for women). You have full right to look for a life in which you could fulfill both your personal as well professional ambitions with ease.
Quick Love Relationship Questions
OK, lot of serious stuff about love relationships. To ease out the mood here are some quick relationship questions to ask your partner that would also let you understand if the person is suitable for you.
- What was the first thing about me that attracted you?Was it only looks?…Not bad. Just money? Hmmm… Time to ask the next question.
- What is it that you like about me? Is it again looks and/or money?….Well I am sure that he/she is a fabulous person. But don’t you think this person should get another chance to get the right partner for himself/herself?
- Do you think that physical attributes are more important in maintaining a successful relationship or is it emotional bonding?There is nothing wrong if it’s a little bit of the first thing. There is no denying physical attraction in every romantic relationship. But a little more prodding, and you would know if it is just the physical attributes and are you OK with it? That’s for you to decide.
- Do you think it’s OK to appreciate another woman/man after you are committed in a relationship?Well, I don’t think there is anything wrong in noticing members of the other gender even after being in a relationship as long as the beauty is appreciated and forgotten.
- What is the first thing that you notice when you look at a man/woman?Another way of testing whether it’s beauty or brain that your guy/girl likes.
- What is the one thing that would be a relationship breaker for you?If marriage is on your mind. This is one of the important relationship questions to ask before marriage. This would enable both of you to know what is the limit that you could stretch your relationship to and if you are capable of such levels of commitment.
Some Fun Love Relationship Questions
- Tell me when you first knew you loved me?
- Describe the way I smell.
- How would you describe me to other people?
- If you were to choose a comic character for me, what would that be?
- What is your favorite memory about us together?
There are books, magazines, and a number of internet sites that offer love relationship quizzes. But, do you think you can rely on these for an important decision like if the person is right for you? I am not claiming that the questions regarding love relationship that I have mentioned here would lead you to your love. Nevertheless, I thought every person should know the answer to them before committing to a relationship.
Remember each one of us is unique and so would be our relationship and requirement for relationship advice. If you have some other questions that you think one should consider before committing to a relationship, feel free to suggest. After all, we all need a little bit of help in matters of the heart.
Disclaimer: This article is for informative purposes only and does not in any way attempt to replace the advice offered by an expert on the subject.