Relationships work on mutual trust and understanding; they won't work by being too serious or too liberated. They need a good balance between both, and that is when the couple can enjoy the emotions they share for each other. If you are in a situation where both you and your boyfriend are simply just enjoying your relationship, maybe it's time you add some seriousness to it! It is a great way to know each other more deeply and engage in some meaningful conversations.
Engaging in a serious relationship doesn't mean making things official or having a grave and disciplined approach towards it. But it means that you need to think about each others' needs, emotions, wants, and priorities very carefully, and respect them as adults. Sometimes, there are some questions which need to be answered by both individuals. Well, you can start doing this by asking some important questions that will help you evaluate your relationship status from his answers.
Meaningful Questions to Ask Your Boyfriend
If you have been going steady with your boyfriend for more than a year, or a considerable amount of time, it often happens that you wouldn't mind taking your relationship forward. However, when women decide to confide in someone, they need assurance. Well, it's not wrong to find assurance with a man whom you have known for a long time, and who, you know, will stand by you through thick and thin. If you are ever surrounded by doubt, there are always a few questions that you could ask him to clear the air between the two of you. If your man is a sport to answer these dating questions without taking offense, you can be sure he's not going to turn his back on you ever. After all, a girl doesn't need anything more than an assurance that she means the world to him. Here's a list of 20 questions that you could ask your guy to find out what you mean to him.
- Are you a person who thinks negatively about a person, or has enemies, or holds grudges?
- Where and how serious do you see the both of us as a couple in five years?
- Do you have any close female friends, other than me and any of your female family members?
- Do you have feelings for any of your ex-girlfriends or a best friend whom you liked in the past?
- Everyone has regrets about their past. Which is the one thing in your past you would like to change?
- How do you think you would react if you found out I was cheating on you? (can be used as a truth and dare question to ask your man)
- How would you find out or realize if there is no one more perfect for you than me?
- If you found out that you were bankrupt one day with a family to fend for, what would you do?
- If you plan to marry me, do you think you can manage a family in the future, financially and emotionally?
- If you were given a choice, what would you believe in, God or Fate?
- If my best friend bumped into you at the same club you visit regularly and made a move on you, how would you react? (if he says what you expect him to say, he's definitely not being honest!)
- If we ever have children, how okay would you be with me raising them according to my faith? (surely one of the serious relationship questions that you could ask your boyfriend, if you are considering marriage)
- What are the experiences that have made you, who you are today?
- What according to you is a perfect life, and how you would you try to make it for yourself and me?
- What did you think of me, when we first met (be honest)?
- Would you ever consider moving in together, and if you do, how comfortable would you be with privacy?
- What do you think is the best quality in me, which attracts you?
- What is that one thing in me, which you would like to change if given a chance?
- If you ever got into a disagreement with any one of my family members or best friends, how would you deal with it?
- Would you leave me for anybody in the world, including your family, friends, or anyone who has been closer to you in your life?
These were some of the good questions that you can ask your guy. Ensure that you don't jump on to any conclusions immediately. Take your time to think over all the answers that he has given. These will help you figure out your man and to know if you are dating the right guy. After all, a stitch in time saves nine! Isn't it?