It is difficult to tell why, we love and trust someone so much that they become an integral part of our lives. Yet, on a deeper thought, one can come up with a hundred thousand reasons to love someone. Here are 100 reasons, for the love of my life…
“Love” says Shakespeare,
“is not love, which alters when it alteration finds,
Or bends with the remover to remove:
O no! it is an ever-fixed mark
That looks on tempests and is never shaken;
It is the star to every wandering bark,
Whose worth’s unknown, although his height be taken.
Love’s not Time’s fool, though rosy lips and cheeks
Within his bending sickle’s compass come:
Love alters not with his brief hours and weeks,
But bears it out even to the edge of doom.”
Love is blind, blind to the faults of the lover. Why do I say this? Well, I have my reasons, and they are definitely worth a consider. For when you’re in love, the good and the bad, the happy and the sad, the shortcomings and the failures are accepted and in time, become the very reasons to love someone even more.
Looking back at our relationship with a magnifying glass I found I loved and continue to love him because…
II. Personally speaking, He is my “Dream Come True”, ’cause…
- He is boyishly cute.
- He has eyes that can make me drown in them every time I look into them.
- He has huge arms to wrap around me, making me feel secure.
- His smile is pronounced, making me smile every time I picture him.
- He has an impeccable physique.
- He is my knight in shining armor.
- He is sporting and adventurous.
- He is a mixture of fire and ice.
- He smells like the earth on a rainy day.
- His laughter resounds the whistle of the wind.
III. His innate qualities that make my heart quiver.
- He is gentle.
- He is kind.
- He is crazy in a nice way.
- He is stubborn at times.
- He is filled with positivity that irks me at times.
- He is hardworking.
- He is seldom jealous.
- He is trustworthy.
- He is selfless.
- He is loving and lovable too.
- He is brutally honest.
- And yes, he is patient too.
IV. The Simple Pleasures that “WE” Share Includes…
- Our impromptu walks on the beach.
- Throwing surprises after a fight to make things alright.
- Ignoring me in a room full of people, yet being the first to be by my side when I’m lost.
- Taking me to the lake whenever I’m irritated, just so I can throw pebbles into the water.
- Driving in the night like we are on fire.
- Taking me out on long drives even when he is exhausted.
- Cooking exquisite meals when I am tired.
- Holding my hand every time we cross the roads.
- Calling me first thing in the morn, and the last in the night, and every time in between.
- Indulging in chocolates every now and then.
- Patiently teaching me to play the drums.
- Holding my hand tight in his every time I get nervous.
- Conveying so much, even through his silence.
- Loving me for who I am.
V. The things that He does to make me Smile, like…
- Playing the trumpet when I’m angry just so I laugh.
- Crooning in his immaculate bedroom voice.
- Calling me cute nicknames.
- Kissing my forehead to wish me sweet dreams.
- Making it a point to send hand written letters every now and then.
- Sending me flowers every month and chocolates every week.
- Giving in to my whims and fancies just to see me smile.
- Driving me insane with a ‘sorry’ message till he is forgiven.
- Use our secret sign language to converse, when we are surrounded by family and friends.
- Whispering words of encouragement every time I am nervous.
- Sticking his face on my windshield with a poor baby face.
- And makes a disgusted face when praised in public.
VI. How he makes my heart go “gaga” with his little kind gestures…
- He loves animals just like I do.
- He runs errands for my family without ever complaining.
- The twinkle in his eye every time he sees me.
- His palms fit perfectly into mine.
- He doesn’t mind waiting a few hours extra to meet me when my schedule is packed.
- He never lets me skip my practice, making sure to wait there till it is over.
- He hates when people are rude to me.
- Dances like a kid whenever I am low.
- His bossy ways that at times can never be conquered.
- His capability to talk for hours on end without taking a break.
- Taking my pet to the vet without ever asking him to do it for me.
- Remembering my schedule of the day for me.
- Allowing me to hang out with my guy friends without ever doubting.
- How he winks at me in a crowded room.
VII. He is “Perfect” for me, ’cause…
- He is the best friend one can have.
- He is my oxygen.
- He is my own beautiful world.
- And the wind beneath my wings.
- He is also my mirror image.
- He is my freaky mind reader.
- A charismatic leader.
- He is silent observer.
- He also happens to be, my biggest fan and worst critic.
- And my personal clown.
- Besides, through my weaknesses he can see my strengths.
- And a knack of pacifying me when I’m worked up and tensed.
VIII. I am speechless when…
- He allows me to play with his hair.
- He is there, by my side to help me get better when I am ill.
- His optimism rubs out on me every single day.
- He makes my heart go wild.
- He makes my doubts disappear.
- He can tolerate my mood swings.
- He’s always lending me a patient ear.
- He finds my jokes humorous and makes it a point to laugh at them.
- Every time he says “I’ll be there”.
- He can drown away my sorrows and my pain in his smile.
- I never feel alone when he is around.
- He makes my day extra special.
- He drives down all the way just to spend an extra hour with me.
- He motivates me to complete something even when I know I’m losing.
- He cancels his appointments to be there for a family gathering.
- He respects my words, and stands by me when he knows I’m right.
- He silently stands by my side in solidarity.
The first and foremost reason why I fell for him in the first place is because,
I. He is himself and never once tried to pretend to be someone he is not.
I bet you counted them as 91 reasons and missed my main points which makes them a grand total of ninety-nine. And as for reason number 100, I love him because there is no reason for me doing otherwise. There you have it, my reasons to love and cherish my boyfriend.