So wait, you know you like him, you know you're absolutely dying to start up a conversation with him, but you're still not getting that done. What exactly seems to be the problem? Wait a minute, is it that the lack of conversation topics is stopping you? You see, you shouldn't fall for any of these frivolous reasons. After all, a dearth of conversation topics with a guy, should never ever be the fall of a good romance, of what could've been. Why even go there? I say let's help you out right now, and dole out some of the best conversation starters and topics that will have you carrying heartwarming conversations with the guy(s). How do I know? I just do. So if you will just follow my lead, let's get this one started.
Good Conversation Topics
I understand there will be the initial doubts about how exactly to approach him, what exactly to say, what style to say it in etc, etc. But that will all be taken care of eventually. First, get these conversation topics down right. Then understand the one rule to get any conversation flowing―get them to talk. Ask questions where they'll be given enough scope to say what they have to say and you'll be remembered for a long time after. Here are some topics that you can use for the purpose:
- Are you always this quiet? (Or use a question that centers on some quality of theirs)
- If you could spend an entire day doing what you wanted, when you wanted, how would you spend it?
- What would you do if you came face to face with your favorite celebrity?
- Do you have any phobias? How did they come about?
- Do you have any weird quirks that no one understands or you're too weirded out to talk about?
- Have you ever cheated on a test? Were you ever caught?
- Did you have a childhood dream? Was it fulfilled?
- Would you ever get a tattoo? Where and what would it be?
- Hot bath on a cold day or cold shower on a hot day?
- What would you never, ever be caught dead wearing?
- Are you a metrosexual male?
- What would you do if you found out that your girlfriend had cheated on you?
- Ever had your heart ruthlessly broken? How did you deal with it?
- Did you have a memorable childhood?
- Have you ever done bungee jumping?
- Are you a foodie?
- Have you ever been in mad, mad love with a celebrity?
- Are you close to your parents?
- Have you ever had a bitter fight with someone and have stopped talking to them?
- Do you have it in you to forgive someone for something horrible that they've done?
- Are you an insecure person?
- How far back to your childhood do you recollect a memory? What is it?
Conversation Topics with Texting
So what happens when you are not face to face with the guy that you like? You are at a slight disadvantage. Why? 'Cause you cannot play off his reactions. But that does not mean you cannot strike up a conversation with a guy over the phone through text messages. There is a different technique of going about it. And once the initial awkwardness is over, the conversation will pretty much flow to phone calls and then maybe even dates? On that note then, let's get you some conversation topics that you can follow through via texting.
- I had a great time today. I had no idea you could sing/mimic/dance this well. (Always a good idea to start off with a generic greeting and then rope him in with a compliment. Not flattery.)
- You have a great dressing sense. That blue shirt you were wearing today looked really good on you. Would you come help me shop for my cousin on Friday? I'll treat you to coffee later. (Again, it's good to go with a compliment and then move to making plans in a subtle way. If you think that's too bold, then go with simply asking him for the store address. That will work too.)
- Hey, have you heard the latest song from ... Isn't it awesome?(When he replies yes/no, you can tell him that you have the song and that you could give it to him or if he already has it, you could ask him to share his collection of songs with you.)
- Are you a morning person or a night person. (When he replies, follow it up with you were wondering how he was going to wake up for the class/office trip or something to that effect.)
- Are you a coffee or a tea person? You have to try the new place at... I could take you there on Friday.
- Did you understand the lecture/meeting today? Could you give me a gist?
Here's hoping that these conversation topics with a guy have given you a fair idea of how to go about getting the whole conversation deal right. Just remember, be confident, go with the flow, and use a whole lot of your charm and that should do the trick just fine.