So you have been on one of the most popular dating websites online for quite a while now, but haven't been successful enough to find what you're looking for? You analyze your profile carefully, make changes to it, and also update it regularly, but still it is of no help. What's going wrong then? Well, for someone to read your dating profile, you must make its headline catchy enough to get more and more views. Let us find out a few tips about how to write the perfect dating headline.
Why do You Need a Good Dating Headline?
When creating an online dating profile for themselves, people tend to give less importance to the most important part of it, i.e., the headline itself. You will only realize how important it is to write the most definitive part of your dating profile, only when you will find the ever-increasing number of views and winks after changing it.
Let's look at it statistically. There must be about hundreds and more of dating websites out there. Now the one's that are extremely popular will have the highest of members. It can be easily more than a few hundred thousands. Hence, in that crowd of a few hundred thousands what is that will make you visible? Obviously, it will be your dating profile headline. Well, a picture can be the deciding factor, but a headline in itself talks aloud. Hence, get it as catchy and personal as you can. Mentioned below are few suggestions and tips you can make use of while writing yours.
Tips for Writing a Dating Headline
- Create interest in your headline or the caption which will draw readers to your profile. Write something that will make them read more about you and in turn view your profile.
- Do not describe all about yourself in your headline. Know about how to describe yourself online. If you do so, your potential date may not want to view your profile since you have put most of the vital information there. Give them an idea that it's just the tip of the iceberg and there is more to it.
- Just be yourself. It is one of the most important pointers you need to remember when you write the caption for your profile. If you try to copy a headline written by someone else or pretend to be a different person, it shows up.
- One of the greatest tips to writing this section is to include a 'question' in your headline or writing the word 'You'. It assures making a personal contact with the reader and wanting them to view your profile. It has worked for many.
- Spend some time in reading what others have written. This will provide you with various examples and ideas of vivid headlines. Go through their headlines and then think about writing yours. You will be able to write a better caption for yourself, once you know what kind of profile headlines are out there. Do not be repetitive and synonymous with other profiles.
- Another important tip is to keep your dating headline updated with current or upcoming celebrations or holidays. It will put a positive impression that you are an interesting person and are keen on keeping yourself updated with things and events.
- Avoid making typo errors. Another important pointer to remember when writing this part of the profile is―don't make spelling mistakes at all, it will just show how careless you are, even before your potential date gets interested in you.
- Do not use negative words. For example, if you want to say 'No Blondes Please!' Do not be so blunt; it will merely portray a negative image of yours. Use some other words instead.
A Few Examples of Dating HeadlinesHere are a few examples for your reference. It will be nice if you are genuine and creative, and come up with something of your own that suits your personality better.
- Gold diggers are welcome
- Every heartbeat reminds me of you, wants you to feel the same for me
- Have an apple, looking for Adam
- Hold the Guinness Record for longest kiss
- Destined to be with you until the next best thing arrives
- My middle name is 'Casual'
- Deep within my heart, on the lonely way. I need someone to come and take me away
- After being left in this lonely world, is there anyone out there to share my loneliness
- Show it to me, what you've got in you!
- Wants a keeper for a lioness