There’s something about the peace and tranquility of spas, that has couples flocking to them for romantic weekends. The bonus of spending the day in each other’s company, while relaxing their mind and body is something not many can resist. Let’s see how you too can enjoy this romantic idea with your date.
Anyone who’s ever been in a relationship long enough knows that there are very few and simple things that go into its actual (for lack of a better word) maintenance. There are some nifty ideas that you can use to keep the proverbial ‘romance’ alive. And it doesn’t have to cost you the earth and a half. Of these, spending an entire day or two once in while, with no one but your partner can work wonders in making him or her realize that in spite of your respective hectic schedule, you still want to be with him or her as much as you can.
Throw in some long sessions of pampering by people trained in the art, and the two of you are all set to embark on a journey that will totally freshen and invigorate your senses! Yes, a spa date is what we’re talking about. There’s a reason why couples are more eagerly opening up to the idea of visiting a day spa together. It is one of the most romantic ways to spend a day with the one you love. And we’ll show you how to spend this day in style!
Why a Spa Date?
The things you stand to gain by indulging yourselves in a day-long spa experience are plenty. Given below are just a few of the benefits that you can reap through this luxurious date idea.
- First of all, you get an entire day OFF! Since you’re going to be checking into the spa for the entire day, you’ll have no option (thank heavens!) but to take that much-needed day off from work.
- Next, you get to enjoy this day off in the company of the one you’re dating. A perfect way to put an end to all those tiffs that you’ve had about ‘not having time’ for each other.
- After the most obvious reasons to opt for this romantic idea, think about the immense luxury that you’ll experience; being oiled, scrubbed, and massaged by a person who knows just where the stress is, and just what will totally relax your mind and body. Sinful, isn’t it?
- After thinking about yourself being pampered so, think about all those brownie points that you’ll earn for making your partner experience the same sinful indulgence. Through the roof!
- Visiting a spa together is one of the most intimate ways to spend a day. It’s an experience that will bring the two of you close, both physically and emotionally. Being secure enough, with yourself and your partner, to go on a spa date, speaks volumes about the level of ease and comfort that you’ll share.
- Lastly, after spending an entire day being spoiled utterly silly, you’ll have a fresher mindset to get you going. The light-headed pleasure will last you a good couple of days and you’ll realize how much you actually needed it. You’ll go back to work, renewed, refreshed and rejuvenated.
The Romance of it All
You know what’s worse than being in a long-distance relationship? Being in one that has long distances within it. Agreed that the pace of life has never been faster and that deadlines and careers seem to take precedence over trying to keep the ‘fire’ burning in a relationship.
But just for a moment, think about it this way, what if you didn’t have to work extremely hard to keep said ‘fire’ burning? What if you could kill two birds with one stone? What if you could unwind and de-stress yourself, with your partner in tow? A ‘spa date’ as it’s being fashionably referred to, is one of the best options that you could pick. Spend a whole day with your partner, watching the strain leave each other’s eyes and bodies, and enjoy it thoroughly. What better way to soothe each other than be responsible for it! So, book yourselves a day at the spa and see the intimacy that re-ignites in your relationship, physically as well as mentally.
Planning the Perfect One
Now that you’ve decided to go for it, let us guide you with some things that you can expect when you begin your hunt for that perfect way to spend the day!
Where: If you know a reputed spa in your area, or have visited one before, then your problem is solved. If you don’t, then there are some simple ways to find out. You can ask your friends and neighbors if they know a place. In cases of spas, it’s probably better to go by word-of-mouth rather than a flashy website. You could be tempted to go to a place just because of its appealing website, but might not get the level of service you expect. If you can’t manage that, it’s always better to read the customer reviews that any good spa will definitely have on its website.
What: Once you’ve shortlisted a few places, you need to get into the details of planning the entire day there. Most spas will have various plans that will include the different services they offer, all spread out to fill an entire day. While you may avail these schemes as they are, you can also ask if you can plan the day’s activities yourself. If that’s OK with them, you can go through the list of services offered and pick out the ones that the two of you can enjoy together. Massages, manicures, pedicures, body scrubs, body polishes, the works! Go all out and pick the ones that suit your tastes, as well as your budget.
How: Now, it’s understandable that you want to make the most of the day that you have at the spa, but remember that it’s a day for you as a couple to ‘relax’. So, don’t go overboard with the planning and try to cram up all that you can in a day. Make a simple, yet fulfilling time-table, so that you can be occupied every moment, but not in a rushed manner. For instance, you can begin with either a yoga session or a bike ride early in the morning. Then, you can have a light breakfast and proceed for a full body massage, followed by some time in a warm jacuzzi. Then, have a delicious lunch by the pool and follow it up with a manicure and pedicure. For all the guys reading this and cringing at the thought of getting their ‘hands and feet done’, how about solving a fun crossword along with her as she gets hers done? Sound good?
Pulling It Off Perfectly
In the previous sections, we’ve taken for granted that either one of you has been to a spa before. But what if it’s the first time for the both of you, or what if you’ve not yet reached ‘that place’ in your relationship where you can just shed all your inhibitions along with your clothes? Let’s face it, you’ve got to be comfortable with not only your body, but also with the person you’re going with. Let’s see some pointers that can make that transition a little bit easier.
- As far as possible, try to avoid asking a girl to accompany you to a spa for your first date. She will have all kinds of bells going off in her head. Wait at least 6 to 7 (really good) dates before either of you comes up with this idea.
- When you eventually decide to do it, make sure that you either know beyond a reasonable doubt that he or she will like the idea (in case you wish to spring it as a surprise), or ask if they’re OK with the idea. There may be a lot of things that could make the person consider and reconsider it, so give them time and respect the decision.
- The amount of time before the actual appointment is something that most women will want to know. So, even if it’s a surprise, give her at least a day’s (or an evening’s) notice to get her bearings in order.
- While planning the day, if your partner already knows about it, then make sure you’ll discuss and agree on a plan before the actual day. This will avoid confusion.
- Another very important thing that you need to remember to check for is the food. Most spas will have a meal and snacks included in the day’s plan, but if yours doesn’t, make arrangements to have food delivered, in case the place does not have its own cafeteria or restaurant.
- Remember that time you’ll be spending just lolling by the pool? Keep with you a deck of cards, a book of crosswords or something that can keep the both of you entertained, just in case.
- Once you’re there, try as much you can, to follow proper spa etiquette. It will help you make your experience a whole lot better, more enriching and relaxing
There’s little more that can be said to keep you from trying out this romantic date idea. Still feeling apprehensive? Well, you won’t know until you’ve tried it, so go ahead and find yourself and your partner the perfect spa to spend a glorious day at. You won’t regret it.